Originally established in 1991 as a Mexican commissary for 3 restaurants in South Australia, Mexex has evolved into an industry leading food manufacturer. They specialise in Aseptic and Hot Fill processing of dairy and vegetable-based products for both domestic and export markets.
Mex Ex bought their first Propac machine nearly 20 years ago, Mex Ex Managing Director Ian Young said “They were hand packing and labelling pouches at the time which was very labour intensive and the materials were costly.” They wished to increase their output and needed to replace the machine in order to keep up with production and market demand.
A Propac AV-2.2-CB-HF vertical fill form seal machine, this machine is designed to work specifically with hot fill of all pumpable liquids, pastes and sauces. With and without particulates. It is a continuous motion machine capable of bagging at up to 100 bags per minute.
• Allen-Bradley® control system for proven, reliable
• Color touch screen for easy operator interface
• 200 product presets
• Touch-screen adjustable, servo-driven operation
• Touch-screen controlled film tracking/adjustments
• Tool-less unwind mandrel with end of roll-change sensor
• Tool-less quick-change forming collar assembly for rapid
• Vacuum-assist film-splice table for quick roll-change.
• Touch-screen controlled print-registration (SelF Teaching)
• Stainless steel construction for sanitation and long life.
• ZERO Head Space Voiding System
The machine installation has allowed Mex Ex to increase production by as much as 40% and keep up with market demand. Mex Ex Managing Director Ian Young said “Buy right, buy once, we wouldn’t even get a quote from anyone else.”